Friday 27 February 2015

Interlude


Why I am doing this blog?

I had thought to enter the Prudential Ride London this year and had contacted the MS Society to see if they wanted riders. Unfortunately for me they said yes ;) , so here I am trying to hit a minimum of £750 for the charity (See the button at the bottom).  £750...That's 75 people donating £10, 150, £5. So please spread the word, enjoy the blog and hopefully you will donate for this great charity. 






Although there are loads of charities out there, a dear friend of the family suffers from multiple sclerosis – a condition of the central nervous system -  to the extent that she accepted a job in Australia because the climate made her a lot more comfortable than this dank island.

In addition, I was honoured to be acquainted with John Hicklenton, an amazing artist for whom the term visceral could have been created with his work in mind.


Suffering from MS, John decided to make a decision and died 19 March 2010 in Switzerland.


I am riding to that people like my friend can hope for a better future and that hopefully people like John won’t feel they need to make that decision.

I am riding for MS Society because others can’t. 

What is the route?

The route takes in London, Surrey and a few hills with a total climb of 1,700m in 100 miles.




I am not designed for hills, I am a fairly big bloke and very much a bear on a trike but if I can surpass he target amount (hit the button below) then any pain that may happen on the road will be far less than that of MS sufferers.


JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment